How To Use Essential Oils From dōTERRA
Essential oils are safe, effective and easy to use when you know and follow a couple of tips.
- Essential oils are potent, and a little drop can create a big effect. Start with using just one drop, and then add more if you desire a larger effect. This makes them less expensive also.
- Topical: Apply essential oils topically when you can point to an area on your body that you want to support (for example a sore knee, bug bite or burn).
- Dilute essential oils with a carrier oil. My favorite is Fractionated Coconut Oil. The oils will be just as effective diluted, but will last longer (again making them more cost effective). Plus you minimize any risk of the oils causing skin sensitivity.
- Make a rollerball blend of any oil(s) that you will use on a daily basis. This makes the oil convenient to use – and again more cost effective.
- Aromatic: Every essential oiler needs a diffuser (or 10). Diffusers disperse the scent of the essential oil throughout your home, car or office. When you diffuse an essential oil – everyone in the room gets the benefit. You will want to choose this method when you want to scent your home (the healthy way), when you want to lift your mood, and when you want to purify the air.
- Internal: You can choose to internalize your essential oils to boost your immune system, help cleanse your body and/or to support a healthy digestive tract (internal use can be more effective for digestive support).
- If an essential oil is designed for internal use, it will have a supplement fact on the label.
- Always consume essential oils out of glass or stainless steel when drinking in your water (never plastic).
- Veggie Capsules are a great way to internalize essential oils – it’s like making your own vitamin supplement. Simply put a drop or two of the desired oil in the empty capsule and you are ready to go.