Frankincense would be my choice if I were stranded on a dessert island, and could only have one essential oil with me (although I would hate to choose). It is such a versatile oil with SO many health benefits. People often say, “When in doubt, get your Frankincense out”.
The Gift of Health
We’ve all heard that the gifts from the wisemen to Baby Jesus were Frankincense, Myrrh and Gold. Many believe they were bringing Him the gift of health — the greatest gift they could think of. Frankincense and Myrrh are both immune boosters, and some theorize that the gold was actually turmeric (which is gold in color), another powerful immune booster.
So, why don’t I only use Frankincense rather than adding many different essential oils to my collection? Frankincense is expensive, because it is difficult to harvest and grows in hard to reach places. Also, I believe it’s beneficial to alternate the oils you are using to keep your body from becoming immune to a certain oil.
Frankincense happens to be a potential free gift in December from doTERRA with any 200 point value order — for new customers and existing customers alike. Many of my customers look forward to this promo each year, and save up ordering what they need to place a larger order in December to take advantage of the free 15 mL of Frankincense.
- Promotes Healthy Cells: For studies showing this go to www.pubmed.gov and type Frankincense and Cancer in the search bar. I apply this topically daily to suspicious spots on my skin. May also support healthy red and white blood cells (something esp important for Danny due to his neutropenia and also for people receiving chemo — to keep their counts high so they can continue getting the chemo to fight the cancer cells).
- Skin Beautifier: Great for reducing scars, wrinkles, age spots, sun spots and just promoting healthy, youthful looking skin.
- Mood Supporter: Powerful anti-stress oil. Apply topically and inhale or run in a diffuser or on diffuser jewelry. Feel the difference instantly when you breathe it in and relax!
- Immune and nervous system support: especially when taken internally. I drink 2 drops lemon and 1 drop Frankincense in my water every morning to boost my immune system and help my body gently detox. Added bonus — I no longer get heartburn from my coffee with this protocol:)
- Discomfort reliever and inflammation reducer: Apply topically to areas of discomfort and also take internally. One of the only oils proven to help reduce inflammation — the root cause of chronic discomfort
- Support memory/healthy brain function: Frank is one of the only oils that can cross the blood brain barrier, so it’s being studied for memory support. Apply topically to base of neck.
Truthfully, I could teach an entire 8-hour class on the benefits of Frankincense and why I love it so much. However, I hope this gives you a few ideas, and helps you decide whether or not you wish to purchase Frankincense for your family or even take advantage of the free Frankincense in December. For ideas on what to purchase to get to the qualifying order for a free Frank, please comment below or message me for personalized recommendations.
Hugs & Health – Michelle