If you are like me, you love trying new recipes in the summer for your homegrown (or farmer’s market purchased) fruits and veggies. Here are a few of my summer favorite essential oil infused recipes.
Lemon Kale Chips: Kale is known as a superfood, and is something I grow in my garden yearly. However, I don’t love the taste of it raw in a salad or smoothie. I do love these Lemon Kale Chips for a healthy, crunchy summer snack:
1 large bunch kale, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 drops Lemon oil
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200° F.
- Wash and dry kale thoroughly.
- Combine olive oil and Lemon oil in large mixing bowl.
- Add kale and toss. Make sure kale is well coated with oils.
- Once coated, place on baking sheet in single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake on the center rack for 45–50 minutes or until crispy.
2. Pink Pepper Veggie Kabobs: Pink Pepper is an extremely versatile oil and also offers many health benefits. It’s also fun to cook and grill with:
Vegetables of choice (asparagus, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini, etc.)
5-7 drops Pink Pepper oil
¼ cup olive oil
- Add 5-7 drops of Pink Pepper essential oil into ¼ cup of olive oil and mix.
- Brush fresh veggies with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook in closed grill over 350 to 400 (medium-high) heat turning occasionally for 4-10 minutes depending on the vegetable. Your goal is to achieve tender, slightly charred vegetables.
3. Wild Orange Cream Fruit Dip: Wild orange essential oils is a favorite of many, because of it’s delicate yet delicious flavor. Try this Wild Orange Cream Fruit dip for your next family picnic, and I bet everyone will love it!
- Mix Greek yogurt and Protein until combined.
- Add oil and taste. Add more Wild Orange oil if desired.
- Serve with fruit.
If you are interested in spicing up your summer recipes with essential oils, I have bundled together a few of my favorite oils for your kitchen: https://doterra.me/XXSGxMCC This would be a great starting point and an easy way to learn about and get the health benefits of essential oils for yourself and your family!
Hugs, Health & Happy Eating – Michelle